What Vinnie “Sees”
Vinnie has been trained to find--and count--a number of indicators of project risk in the areas of safety, productivity and quality. Here are examples of what Vinnie can see in each of these areas:
- Leading indicators of risk like presence of slip, trip and fall hazards like standing water, housekeeping and ladders (by specific type)
- Personal protective equipment compliance detection and measurement for equipment like gloves, hard hats, glasses and high vis clothing
- Site activity metrics like how many workers are seen by time, including arrival and departure times
- Phase of construction can also be identified, including excavation, foundations, structural steel, finishes/fitout and more
- Specific types of defects like cracks in tunnel walls can be detected and quantified automatically
Why the Name Vinnie?
The name Vinnie originated from the CIO of a large contractor in the New York City area. At one time he was explaining how they had recently “found” some photo and video content that was critical to a claim. When asked how they knew where to find that content, he matter-of-factly replied, “Vinnie remembered.” Vinnie, in this case, was a superintendent located in New Jersey who had a great memory for where specific site imagery was stored. So we’ve built construction-tuned AI into our product so that now every company can have a “Vinnie”. In addition to knowing where to find your photos and videos, he is always looking for, finding and creating indicators of project risk. Read more about Vinnie’s background.
. As evidence of our commitment to privacy, Vinnie has been certified to be compliant with the strict privacy requirements specified by the European GDPR
standard as a part of our compliance with the Privacy Shield standard.